What is it you'd like to stop letting get in your
way of your athletes' sports success? What can you do for them that
will take them closer to the winner's circle?
You can have an internationally-recognized mental game expert come
to your location to deliver an exciting program for your athletes.
Bill Cole does a limited number of sports camp and team trainings
and speeches annually.
Ten Ways These Programs Will Help Your Athletes Become More Successful
- Improve their self-confidence.
- Teach them new mental approaches.
- Improve their performance under pressure.
- Provide them with new levels of awareness about themselves as
- Stop them from mentally beating themselves up and self-destructing
when they perform below expectations.
- Learn self-coaching skills that help them adjust and stay on
track in competition.
- Gain more satisfaction from their sport.
- Reach new levels of performance.
- Counsel them in the "mental game" aspects of their sports career.
- Help them transfer the many mental lessons from sport to the
rest of their lives.
What Your Athletes Will Learn
Each program is customized to your exact needs,
based on a conversation you have with Bill far in advance of the
program. Programs can include any or all of these 36 elements:
- Building Mental Toughness
- Thinking Like A Winner: Developing A Championship Mindset
- Building Self-Confidence
- Controlling Nerves In Competition
- Stopping Choking
- Attention Control Training (Concentration)
- Controlling Emotions
- Stopping Self-Sabotage
- Stopping The Fear Of Failure And The Fear Of Success
- Playing To Win Vs. Playing Not To Lose
- Visualizing Success
- Controlling The Controllables
- Avoiding Slumps, Staleness And Burnout
- Becoming A Tougher Competitor: The Will To Win
- Building The Killer Instinct
- Learning How To Psych Up For Practices And Coaching Sessions
- Knowing How To Get Into The Zone, Naturally And Easily, Every
- Harnessing The Secrets Of Game Momentum To Win More
- Motivation And Goal-Setting
- Removing Self-Limiting Beliefs
- Mental Readiness: Pre-Event
- Mental Readiness: In The Event
- Rituals And Routines
- Turning Stress Into Success
- Breathing For Peak Performance
- Finding Ideal Effort Levels
- The Art Of Ball Watching
- Mental Game Match Management
- Self-Coaching Skills
- Handling Mental Warfare In Sports: Gamesmanship And Ethics
- Practicing The Mental Game
- Sharpening Mental Tools On The Practice Court
- The Mental Game Off-Court
- The Mental Game In Lessons
- The Mental Game After The Match: Self-Review
- Winning The Mental Game Of Life: Lessons From Sport
26 Sports Psychology Approaches And Tools To Help Your Athletes
Become More Successful
Programs can include any or all of these tools
- Assertiveness Skills Training
- Attention/Concentration Control Training
- Autogenic Training
- Behavior Modification
- Biofeedback And Psychophysiology
- Breathwork Training
- Centering And The Relaxation Response
- Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches
- Communication Training
- Conflict Management Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Injury Rehabilitation And Pain Management
- Inner Game Approach
- Life Balance Coaching
- Media Skills Training
- Mental Skills Training
- Mental Practice
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Mind To Muscle Relaxation Techniques
- Muscle To Mind Relaxation Techniques
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Psychological Skills Training (PST)
- Self-Regulation Techniques
Speaking Program Fees
We quote each program fee on a sliding scale as
a custom speaking fee. Bill's corporate and association speaking
fees range from $7500 for a 90-minute keynote to $15,000 for a one-day
program, plus expenses.
For school, academy, college and non-profit speaking programs, we
dramatically lower these fees to make Bill's expertise available
to organizations that would not ordinarily be able to bring him
in. Typical school, academy, camp or non-profit speaking fees might
be in the $800 to $4,000 range, or less, depending on certain variables.
For virtual presentations all prices quoted are 50% less.
Speaking fees are custom quoted based on these factors:
- Nearness to Bill's office in Palo Alto, CA, to reduce travel
- Bill's availability
- Length of the program
- Number of participants
- Non-profit vs. for-profit organization
- Degree of customization required
- Pre-program and post-program work
- Workbook or handout customization
- Inclusion of Bill's products
- Trades or barters
- Number of dates booked (multiple guaranteed dates are discounted)
What Each Program Includes
- Bill Cole personally delivers each program.
- When appropriate, Bill can provide video clips of his TV show,
The Mental Game, at no extra charge.
- A handout for each attendee that covers the content of the program.
We may deliver the handout electronically to the meeting planner
for distribution, or for an extra fee we will print copies for
- When appropriate, programs can be bundled with one of Bill's
books or manuals, at either an extra fee or as part of the quoted
- Anything else the sponsoring organization wants to include,
at their expense. Examples are t-shirts, mementos, etc.
- Bill will make himself available at no extra charge to sign
books immediately after the program.
Barter and Trades To Offset The Speaking Fee Discount
We may be able to arrange a partial trade or barter
for speaking services. Please contact us for full details. Examples
of possible barter items might be discounts or trade-outs from your
vendors or program sponsors, such as vouchers for dining, sporting
events, travel, hotel, apparel, etc.
Our Requirements For Each Program
Because these speaking fees are heavily discounted,
all programs require the following:
- Thank you testimonial letter from the camp director or person
in charge, following the program.
- Five minutes at the end of the program for attendees to complete
a simple one page program evaluation.
- Travel expenses of hotel, plane, incidental travel fees, parking
fees, all agreed-upon in advance.
Meet Bill Cole, Speaker and Trainer
"There is nothing more fulfilling for me than seeing my clients
come full circle, to find the mental power they always possessed,
but never realized."
Bill Cole MS, MA
The Mental Game Coach
Bill Cole, MS, MA, is an internationally
recognized expert on peak performance, coaching and the mental
game. He has been a mental coach to athletes in over 60 sports
and has coached celebrities, world champions, world record-holders,
national champions, professional athletes, national teams and
competitors at all levels. He has coached at the highest levels
of major-league pro sports and big-time college athletics. His
extensive background includes a Bachelor of Science (with honors)
in Sport Psychology, a Master of Arts in counseling psychology,
a Master of Science in Sports Psychology and post-graduate training
in various fields. He brings an outstanding, eclectic and well-rounded
academic, clinical, research, educational and multidisciplinary
approach to his work. Bill has been trained in numerous sports
psychology approaches, and continues to expand his base of techniques.
He trains and certifies mental game practitioners worldwide, as
Founder and President of the International
Mental Game Coaching Association.
Psychology Coaching web site is one of the most visited and awarded web
sites in its field.
Bill appears on radio, TV and the print media regularly as an
expert in sports psychology. Bill has spent considerable time
in Hollywood, achieving credits as a Producer, Writer, Show Creator
and TV Host, and has appeared on the Animal Planet TV Show on
the Discovery Channel as an expert on human and animal behavior.
He recently signed a deal to be Consulting Producer on a new Hollywood
movie about Ultra Marathoners who are running a race across the
He has canvassed the US shooting multiple TV pilots for his show
Mental Game TV Show, in tennis, golf and stand up comedy.
Read more about Bill's background.
View praise for our mental game of sports
programs from attendees from around the United States.
Contact us today to see what a cutting-edge sports psychology
program can do for your athletes.
printer-friendly one-sheet describing this program (pdf file,
opens in new window).