What are the reasons you are visiting us today?
What is it you'd like to stop letting get in your way of your sports
success? What can you do that will take you closer to the winner's
circle? What are the ways you can work with a sports psychology
coach? What are the topics of study? First, let's go to the bottom
Six Major Ways We Help You Be A Better, More Successful Athlete
Which ones in this list are the most important
- Improve your self-confidence in your sport.
- Teach you new and better mental approaches.
- Coach you to improve your sports performances under pressure.
- Provide you with new levels of awareness about yourself as
- Counsel you in the "big-picture view" of your sports career.
- Help you transfer the many mental lessons from sport to the
rest of your life.
Here is a quick overview of why people choose
me as their sport psychology coach. They typically want to:
- Learn how to psych up for every practice, coaching session
- Build mental toughness for their sports performance.
- Stop mentally beating themselves up and self-destructing when
they perform below expectations.
- Know how to get into the performance zone, naturally and easily,
- Handle the dreaded mind games opponents launch at critical
- Harness the secrets of game momentum to win more.
- Gain more satisfaction from their sport.
- Reach new levels of performance.
- Transfer lessons learned in sport to the rest of their life
What Are Your Reasons For Adding A Sports Psychology Coach To
Your Success Team?
Here are 38 issues and areas where we can work
together to help you become a more confident athlete and a more
consistent, powerful, successful performer under pressure. These
are actual chapter titles from my upcoming book, The
Mental Game of Tennis, but they apply to all sports.
- Mental Game Assessment
- Motivation And Goal-Setting
- Removing Self-Limiting Beliefs
- Non-Mental Factors In Sports Performance
- How Strategy And Tactics Affects The Mental Game
- Mental Readiness: Pre-Event
- Mental Readiness: In The Event
- Turning Stress Into Success
- Controlling Nerves In Competition
- Breathing For Peak Performance
- Stop Choking And Start Winning
- Finding Ideal Effort Levels
- The Art Of Ball Watching
- Attention Control Training
- Building The Inner Time Clock
- Getting In The Zone
- Mental Game Match Management
- Self-Coaching Skills
- Controlling Emotions
- Self-Sabotage And The Paradox Of Success
- Fear Of Failure And The Fear Of Success
- Playing To Win Vs. Playing Not To Lose
- Loving To Win Vs. Hating To Lose
- Handling Mental Warfare In Sports: Gamesmanship And Ethics
- Practicing The Mental Game
- Sharpening Mental Tools On The Practice Court
- The Mental Game Off-Court
- Visualizing Success
- Thinking Like A Winner: Developing A Championship Mind
- Building Self-Confidence
- The Mental Game In Lessons
- Avoiding Slumps, Staleness And Burnout
- Building Mental Toughness
- Becoming A Tougher Competitor: The Will To Win
- Building The Killer Instinct
- Creating A Philosophy Of Competition
- The Mental Game After The Match: Self-Review
- Winning The Mental Game Of Life: Lessons From Sport
Your Next Step: Take This Free Mental Game Of Sports Assessment
Discover What's Holding You Back From Playing Your Best
We are making this valuable 65-question
assessment tool available to you at no charge to assist you
in determining what is getting in the way of your performing
to your full potential in your sport. It will help you discover
your strengths and weaknesses and provide you with a quick
overview of where you stand with your mental game.
You can print this for your own use, or fill it out and then
email or fax it to us as a way to begin the sport psychology
coaching process with us.
Take this free Mental
Game of Sports Assessment now.
Bill Cole, MS, MA, is an internationally recognized
expert on peak performance, coaching and the mental game.
He has coached at the highest levels of major-league pro sports
and big-time college athletics. His extensive background includes
a Bachelor of Science (with honors) in Sport Psychology, a
Master of Arts in counseling psychology, and post-graduate
training in various fields. He brings an outstanding, eclectic
and well-rounded academic, clinical, research, educational
and multidisciplinary approach to his work. Learn more about
Bill Cole, The Mental Game